“Blessed are those whose strength is in you, who have set their hearts on pilgrimage/journey to Zion.”- Psalm 84:5

Friday, October 12, 2012

Trip Ramblings Pt. 1

We went on a coastal trip a few weeks ago.  In the beginning we dropped off our 2ds at his older brothers to start his new life on his own.  Yes #2 out of 4 boys has flown the nest now.  We are adjusting once again to set one less plate at the table and adjusting to now only having two boys at home.  I am thankful that Luke has a stepping stone into his new life by being able to move in with his brother and SIL plus one other roommate.  It will be good financially  for them all and also have good support too.  Please pray for Luke as he is looking for a job.  I pray it won't take too long for him to find a job so this mama's heart will be at rest.


We had lovely weather while driving 


And I snuck  pictures of the boys when I could.


One of the neatest highlights at the beginning of our trip was getting the chance for our family to meet Lisa's family @ Happy In Dole Valley   .  It is a wonderful blessing to see such a dear blogging friend in 3D, such a blessing.


I loved how the boys clicked 


We went to some of their  favorite places...

A Lego store


Their swimming hole


Lisa's dd stayed warm and watched the boys swim in the chilly water.

They took us for a very lovely walk on a forest trail near by.



I also loved how our hubby's got along so well.  The week end get away in Dole Valley was a treat indeed.  And I feel a life long friendship is now cemented.


And I cannot post this post without sharing what I stitched on while knitting with Lisa. And Lisa worked on her project HERE.


Part 2 of Trip Ramblings to come soon.

14 comments:

  1. Oh Mary...what beautiful pictures you have shared! What joy that you were able to 'meet' Lisa in person and share a good time of fellowship.

    How precious for you and for her :)

    m.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely trip! How very wonderful to meet a fellow blog friend in person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, you're back!!! Loved these. Praying for your momma's heartache. So glad he has family to go to. My turn is coming!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning, Mary! :) Your photos are terrific, my friend. It's hard to believe so much time has gone by since your family's visit here...where did the past month go? It truly was a delight to meet you and your lovely family in person last month and to, as you said, cement our friendship. :) The Lord is indeed good! Hope your #3 son is doing well and the rest of you have adjusted to his absence. This mother's heart feels for you, my friend. :)

    ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awesome trip...and meeting a kindred blogging friend, just God!
    Oh I know that leaving the nest journey..exciting yet the adjustment is hard...fewer plates at the table, learning how to be a family without everyone is hard too...I have two getting married, and I am just now adjusting to only the four of us at the table and the others have been out on their own for three years! I want the two at home to have a family feel also, since Benjamin will have more years without everyone than with them...adjusting to the family changing, and bringing in all the new spouses!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photos, Mary. Praying that will adjust quickly to the absence of your son. I've been there and done that - twice.
    Hugs to you, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I didn't know another son had left. It sounds like you are taking all well. :) Looks and sounds like a lovely trip. So glad you had a great time with your blogging friend. I like the green of your knitting project.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks and sounds like you had a wonderful vacation with friends and family. I'll keep your son in my prayers as well.

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! You have 2 sons who have moved out, that must be so strange! I'll be a mess when my kids move out.
    Speaking of which, I don't know if you've stopped by my blog lately, but I thought I'd let you know that we're expecting our 8th baby! I'm due in March.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, Mary, it seems like just yesterday your DS1 got married and moved out. How quickly life changes. I see that now looking at pictures of how little my kids looked even two years ago, and knowing that DD1 is in high school, so my days with her are numbered :( ! I loved seeing how much your sons have grown and the beautiful surroundings in your pics...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, Mary! So nice to see you in the blogosphere again...you've been greatly missed. Sounds like you had a wonderfully refreshing trip--and what a treat to meet Lisa! So glad God arranged that for you. Thanks for stopping by and leaving your sweet comments on my blog!

    God bless you with a joy-filled day ~

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Mary-Girl! Thanks so much for sharing your photos...praying for your family, it's an adjustment for everyone! We were down to just the two of us...and now we are the three of us again. BRYAN IS HOME!!! I just got back from New York with him late Tuesday. He'll be revving up his sharpening business, and we're actively searching for farmland. Scary expensive, but we know the LORD will have just the right fit for Bryan, and for us (the financial backers, initially, LOL!) Would appreciate your prayers in this latest venture!

    Love, Blessings, and {{{HUGS}}},
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Mary! Looks like you have a fabulous trip. Such great pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a refreshing trip to drive through the northwest and meet your long distance friend face to face.
    I understand about adjustments. My daughters were married months apart - some years back. I found myself bursting into tears whenever a song happened to play on the Christian radio that my girls had sung together in church. This surprised me. I thought I was all-adjusted. I am used to them being young married ladies now. It just took a little longer than I expected.
    Karen A.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, each sweet comment brightens my day. Blessings!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...