“Blessed are those whose strength is in you, who have set their hearts on pilgrimage/journey to Zion.”- Psalm 84:5

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

He Restoreth My Soul

It all started with the Lord prompting me to fast from computers on Sunday and Monday and then it happened... a month long blogging break. I was amazed how at peace I was for the most part. Instead of fighting it I tried to embrace this time away. I spent many hours focusing on my men and reading,organizing my home ( posts to come with what I have done), knitting, stitching and letting the Lord minister to my soul. I feel the Lord has a lot more to do with me but I am open to meeting Him where it is quiet. This last month was a test of applying what I have encouraged many others for years with the issue of finances. First as you know my computer died, then our van broke down and wasn't worth fixing, and then there was another bit of income that was greatly delayed. The first two I took the blow with grace but the third I sat and cried. But thankfully the Lord gave me a friend who with a loving listening heart let me cry and helped dust me off , encouraged me and then I was able to stop and rely on the Lord more. The Lord showed me that despite everything going on around me that He is in control. He showed me a flock of robins one day. All the years of my life I have seen one...two or even three robins at a time but never a flock. That really spoke loud and got my attention. A reminder that he takes care of the birds and he will take care of me too and be still and know that He is Lord.


22Then Jesus said to his disciples: "Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat; or about your body, what you will wear. 23 Life is more than food, and the body more than clothes. 24 Consider the ravens: They do not sow or reap, they have no storeroom or barn; yet God feeds them. And how much more valuable you are than birds! 25 Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? 26Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest?

27 "Consider how the lilies grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you, not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 28 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today, and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, how much more will he clothe you, O you of little faith! 29 And do not set your heart on what you will eat or drink; do not worry about it. 30 For the pagan world runs after all such things, and your Father knows that you need them. 31 But seek his kingdom, and these things will be given to you as well.

Luke 12:22-31

During this time away I stitched and stitched and stitched . My goal for a while now has been to bust my stash. I knitted dish clothes ( there are a few missing from the picture because I gave some to my brother and mom) , I found a cross-stitch kit that my mom gave me years ago. I think she got it when I was little or even pre-me. [o= What a timely verse during this time.

I visited the local yarn store and caved in and bought some bea u ti ful wool to knit some socks for ....me. [o= I now have the second sock to do now. It is hard to see the pattern but you can see it better HERE and get the pattern too. If you have done simple stocking stitch socks but haven't graduated to fancy stitch ones this is a great one to do next. I love it and found it a great one to build your confidence. I am now thinking about other sock patterns I want to try next.


This last week hubby and I planted basil and tomatoes and put them on the plant table. If you are wondering what I am doing with that green pen I am poking holes to plant the seeds in.





In some ways it seems like I didn't have a lot to learn but I learned it more deeply. Also we are still learning and adjusting our budget. It is amazing how the Lord can keep teaching in this department after so many years. (hope to be sharing what we have learned in the future) Tweaking and adjusting and learning layer by layer.

Joining Trish today in ...

14 comments:

  1. Oh my Sweet and Dear friend....I am in awe of what Our Lord has done in your life and everything else He still has to do...

    I am amazed at how you obeyed and stayed still while He showed you His love and His guidance.

    Oh Mary, you are such an inspiration to me. I am so blessed to call you my friend and to have you in my life.

    Welcome back dear one. It is exciting to see you here in 'blogland' again.

    Love you,

    Mrs. M.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you got a lot done. So glad you are getting through the financial issues. They are never easy. Good to have you back. :)

    JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed your post and I'm so happy to see you back. :o)

    I've been thinking along the same lines that spending too much time on the computer is not necessarily good. It takes my time and makes me want things I don't really need. It's almost too much information...my brain gets overloaded.

    I also love how you said you "learned it more deeply". That is so insightful and isn't it more important to learn less but have it penetrate your mind and heart? I want to do be able to do this too.

    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah! It is great to see you back but oh how I understand having to be quiet from "blog land" and busy at home during a season.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's wonderful to see your blog face, Mary. I relate to this post very much because it has been one thing after the other tech wise around here too.

    I am older than you and yet still learning layer by layer as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you accomplished amazing things! Yeah! for that! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. God often uses birds to demonstrate something to me too.
    And I think the Lord often uses situations in life to help us revisit the things we need to "learn more deeply".
    Practise makes perfect :-)
    It's so great to have you back, Mary!
    I enjoyed the sense of peace I felt reading this post..thank you for that.
    And thanks for linking up to LACE :-)
    Be blessed my friend.
    ..Trish

    ReplyDelete
  8. So much in this piece that I could comment on...first, welcome back. Thanks for sharing your insight, been battling the money issue lately also and sometimes it gets old, but God is always faithful. Learning deeper and deeper...I think that is our walk as Christians, and praise God we want to go deeper.
    Look how creative you have been!! Go girl!!

    Nice to have you back and yes, I have read parts of your story and would love to hear more on the "house that God provided"...I am still coming to terms with renting, and the loss, but God knew all along I would be here and starting over...His plans are higher than mine.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So good to catch up with you!
    Sorry you've had a rough patch, it is good to hear that you are learning from it so that its not all for naught.

    That cross-stitch is beautiful. Love it and I know you will treasure it.

    Good to see you doing socks for yourself, you deserve to enjoy the fruit of your labors.

    Hope your garden grows well this year!

    <><,
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so pleased to see you back posting!

    I really love this post as it echoes how I feel, too. The computer can be a blessing but it also can be a time-stealer and cause information overload. I need to remember to keep it all in balance.

    Money...well, it seems everything goes up in price and everything breaks down at the same time. :o) We've recently experienced rising costs and vehicle problems, too. Yet, God is taking care of us and we truly are blessed.

    Have a great weekend, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. (((hugs))) It's good to have you back and inspiring to read the journey you have been undertaking in your blog absence.

    Have a blessed weekend, Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Mary,
    What a special time you have had. We all need to re-focus and re-direct our energies from time to time.
    God Bless
    Barb from Australia

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dear friend. I'm so happy you're back online, but happier that you were able to spend time with God and enjoyed your time away.

    You are so creative. God bless your hands.

    Have a Happy Mother's Day, sister.

    Be well,

    Jasmine

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a nice post! And I enjoyed hearing about the things you have accomplishment in your time away. Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, each sweet comment brightens my day. Blessings!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...