“Blessed are those whose strength is in you, who have set their hearts on pilgrimage/journey to Zion.”- Psalm 84:5

Thursday, May 19, 2011

To Cut Or Not To Cut?



When I bought this fabric with a apron in mind I though I would cut it up and sew a apron with a bib. But I am now thinking of just sewing a tie on the back , or a loop and button like the pattern in Weekend Sewing book , or even put a BIG snap on the back. I hate to cut up all the hemming that was already done. These pieces of fabric were two small table clothes and two table runners. But each one could be made into long, medium, and short aprons. I am not sure if I want to cut or not to cut...that is the question. If I don't cut then that means I have four aprons to use each week. [o=



9 comments:

  1. If you want to cut and make a larger apron, I am sure it will come out just nice.

    But having 4 aprons also sounds pretty nice to me.

    With a tie in the back...I like those bib aprons so much, they keep my clothes clean. I tend to splatter a great deal :-)

    Lots of love,

    Mrs. M.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could sew a dish towel to the top as a bib and then pin it instead of having a loop around the neck. I've seen that done with a linen napkin, too. I am thinking of converting one of my "half" aprons that way. I like having the bib. I am messy! But I see your point about not wanting to undo the hemming. Keep us posted. It's lovely fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a hard question. It does look cute just the way it is. :)

    JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the fabric is so pretty that it won't matter what you do. It'll look great.

    But now, my PERSONAL preference is a bib apron. That's the only kind I have because I'm such a slob. Sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the fabric, no matter what you do it sure is cheerful and will bring a smile to everyone's face. Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a tough decision...if there's enough material, can you make both types of aprons?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't think I'd cut, but I look forward to seeing what you do with them. It is super cute fabric.

    You guys did some great shopping! Awesome find for your hubby on those pants and shirts. They look great. Your skirt is really cute, too. Hope your shoes are comfy and last for many years :)

    Think I'm all caught up now.
    <><,
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't know which I would do! It looks nice just like you have it!
    I'm still smiling at those cute shoes! They were definately a wonderful bargain!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just went back and read about three posts that I am positive never came up on my home page. I'm puzzled...

    Anyway, just wanted to say that your chic on a shoestring look is terrific.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, each sweet comment brightens my day. Blessings!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...